2nd Annual Grantee Summit
Join us for our 2nd Annual Grantee Summit Saturday, April 26 from 10am - 3pm (with an after-party to follow). The Grantee Summit brings together grassroots leaders from across the region for discussions on gender justice, environmental justice, criminal justice, multiracial organizing, legislative organizing, movement building, and more.
The event is free, and open to the community. This is a great space for all current Giving Project participants, Social Justice Fund members, donors, and friends to learn more about progressive movements around the Northwest. RSVP through Brown Paper Tickets, and make sure you select one workshop for the morning and/or the afternoon. You are welcome to attend both a morning panel, and an afternoon panel.
If you have questions concerning access or wish to request accommodations, please contact Sunny as soon as possible at email@example.com or (206) 624-4081 x112.
*You are welcome to attend both the AM and PM workshop - just make sure you register for each.
Where: City University, 521 Wall St., Seattle WA 98121
When: Saturday, April 26 10:00am - 2:30pm / after party 2:30 - 4pm
What to expect: Hear from some of the most inspiring organizers during our morning and afternoon panel discussions. All guests are welcome to attend one morning panel, and one afternoon panel. Morning coffee, breakfast snacks, lunch, and after-party nibbles will be provided.
Accessiblity: City University is located in the Belltown neighborhood near downtown Seattle. Bus transportation runs along 3rd ave, 4th ave, and along Wall street (check weekend bus schedules here). A small bike rack is located just outside the entrance, no locks provided. Pay parking lots are available on the corner of 5th and Denny, and another on 7th and Denny. Main entrance to the building includes stairs, and a ramp. Our panels and program will take place on the main floor which is one level.
10:00 Welcome - coffee and breakfast snacks provided
10:30-12: Morning Panels (guests choose one)
- Criminal Justice - Black Prisoners Caucus, Youth Undoing Institutional Racism, Montana Immigrant Justice Alliance
- Gender Justice - Montana Women Vote, Montana Human Rights Network, Community to Community Development
- Environmental Justice - Powder River Basin Resource Council, Native Youth Leadership Alliance, Tenants Union of Washington
- Multi-racial Organizing - Idaho Community Action Network, Statewide Poverty Action Network, Center for Intercultural Organizing
12 - 1:00: Lunch, food and beverages provided
1 - 2:30: Afternoon Panels (guests choose one)
- Movement Building - Montana Human Rights Network, Equality State Policy Center, Pineros y Campesinos Unidos del Noroeste (PCUN)
- Leadership Development - Montana Immigrant Justice Alliance, Center for Intercultural Organizing, Youth Undoing Institutional Racism
- Legislative Organizing - Montana Women Vote, Idaho Community Action Network, Statewide Poverty Action Network
- Cultural Approaches to Organizing - Native Youth Leadership Alliance, Black Prisoners Caucus, Community to Community Development
2:30 - 4:00: Happy Hour (in City University Atrium)
Special thanks to our friends and sponsors: